Safeguard your business and IP with a trusted legal partner.
Photo of Ronald J. Tong

Protect Your Intellectual Property Abroad: International Patent Applications

Innovation knows no boundary. U.S. patents and trademarks can only protect intellectual properties in the United States. If you have a market for your innovation abroad, you need our services to obtain overseas protection. Now more than ever, it is convenient to file foreign applications. For instance, a single patent or trademark application can now become a universal international application.

Determining The International Application That Is Right For You

Roland Tong, Attorney and Partner of Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP helps clients file international applications through various methods, such as:

  • Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
  • Madrid Agreement and Madrid protocol for trademarks
  • Hague System for the international registration of industrial designs

For those that have already filed their PCT applications, Roland Tong can assist in making sure they do not miss any post-filing and annuity payment deadlines, in entering national stage, and in requesting that their application is examined through the Patent Prosecution Highway (where applicable). Attorney Roland Tong works with a network of foreign counsel from countries all over the world who can directly interact and work with their local Patent Office so your application can be examined and approved.

Contact An Attorney For Help With Your International Patent

Attorney Roland Tong handles patent, trademark, and other intellectual property needs for clients throughout Southern California.

For further information about intellectual property law, please complete an online contact form, call 949-298-6867 or text 949-298-6867 to speak with an Irvine patent lawyer today.