Case Histories- IP Litigation/ Patent Disputes/ Lawsuits
Patent and Trademark Lawsuits (Litigation)
Cogent Medicine Inc. v. Skyscape.com, Inc. et al. – Northern District of California
- Defended a health information provider from a patent infringement lawsuit alleging their websites and mobile device applications infringed a patent covering a computer-based method and system for storing medical data. The patent was held invalid under 35 USC Section 101.
Kitsch LLC v. Alexia Crawford, Inc.– Central District of California
- Pursued copyright infringement claims relating to hair bands and hair ties.
Thermolife Int’l, LLC v. Better Body Sports LLC et al. – Central District of California
- Defended one of the nutritional supplement defendants sued for allegedly infringing a patent relating to a D-aspartic Acid Supplement. Patent was held invalid and summary judgment was granted in favor of the defendants.
Rage Hard Choppers, Inc. dba Big Bear Choppers v. Daytec and Phillip R. Day – Central District of California
- Defended defendants in a patent infringement lawsuit alleging infringement of several design patents relating to custom motorcycle parts.
Sasco v. Weber Electric Manufacturing Company– Central District of California
- Defended a patent infringement lawsuit alleging infringement of a patent covering multi-compartment cable reels including filing a reexamination.
Otter Products, LLC v. mophie, LLC– District of Colorado
- Defended mophie, LLC in patent infringement lawsuit in the District of Colorado relating to protective cell phone cases.
FBA Holding, Inc. v. Lexmark International, Inc. – Central District of California
- Filed and pursued a lawsuit seeking declaratory relief of patent exhaustion and patent non-infringement against Lexmark’s patents relating to printer cartridges.
Lexmark Int’l., Inc. v. Ink Jet Technologies Printers et al. – Southern District of Ohio
- Defended a printer cartridge remanufacturer in a patent infringement lawsuit alleging infringement of several patents relating to printer cartridges.
If you are seeking a Southern California lawyer with intellectual property expertise, Attorney Roland Tong can answer your questions. He offers a free initial consultation, competitive rates and alternative fee structures. Complete an online contact form to schedule an appointment.